Thursday 23 April 2015

Summary of main project findings

Main project findings .... In a little more than 100 words!

The Inquiry
  • Theories and professional opinions on 'Injury' and 'Support systems'  
  • Insightful and thought provoking literature
  • Deeper understanding of Injury support systems - Why they are needed and how to embed them into teaching.
  • A greater awareness is needed towards injury support systems in vocational dance schools
  • Teaching methods - Using imagery, language, relaxation
My practice
  • How to carry out a work-based project
  • Inspiration to do further research
  • Professional development
  • Learnt about myself as a Teacher - My role and duty, approach, professionalism
  • Importance of staying up to date with what is going on in the 'Dance World'.
  • Found about new injury support systems
  • Discovered ways to integrate injury support systems into my Teaching
  • Significance of collaboration - using web 2.0 and professional networks
Personal development
  • Greater confidence in participating in professional networks
  • Experience of carrying out a work based project
  • New/Increased knowledge -  from research
  • Importance of reflection
  • Self learning
  • A continuous learning journey -  does not stop after a degree
  • Creating own blog
  • IT skills- uploading material to media sites
  • Responsibility - your learning is down to you!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to summarise your learning Rebecca, I may have to take inspiration from how succinct you have been here and formulate my own 100 words that I can use during my final alterations to my critical review to ensure I am on task and getting across what I want to say.

    Pip

    ReplyDelete