Wednesday 19 February 2014

Task 1a and Curriculum Vitae for Blog

My understanding of this task is to present your current CV on the profile of your blog. This will mean highlighting the main points from your CV to produce a Professional profile which will summarise your education, experience and personal qualities for the reader.

As I was unsure of the amount of information appropriate for the 'About Me' section of my Blog I have uploaded a CV to provide that extra insight and detail.

I am continuously updating my CV as I believe it is essential to adapt the information presented depending on the Position or Part I was applying/auditioning for.
I.e If I was auditioning for a Dance or Acting Job I would adapt my CV to highlight my qualifications and skills in that particular area. I would also include a Headshot or Photo at the top of my CV alongside information such as height, hair colour, eye colour and any other essential information.

Attached below is the CV I used to apply for my position as Assistant Dance Teacher.
There are always ways to improve so If anyone has any ideas for improvement please feel free to comment.

I am also praying that the link below has worked as am still new to the whole concept of blogging!!

I found a youtube video which enabled me to link a word document (hopefully!) to my blog as I did not want to add my CV as one long Blog with an unclear format. So here goes!

Curriculum Vitae for Blog

If anyone else would like to watch the video I have attached the link below for your perusal!

How to insert documents on Blogger

In support of the task I have included what I considered the most vital information in the 'About Me' section of my blog. I have already learnt a lot from reading other people's blogs and from this will continually be updating my blog and CV with any improvements I find along the way!
It was reading the following blog that I found out about this way of uploading documents to blogger so thank you! http://www.napatnoon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/task-1a-and-my-resume.html

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Becky, I didn't have a clue as to how to attach word documents on here! Might give your linked video a watch in a minute. I find myself YouTubing lots of things regarding blogging too - I struggled to work out how to even write an 'About Me' because as I seemed to be doing was just writing new posts! Oh dear! Not as 21st century as I thought!
    Pip :)

    ReplyDelete